Monday, June 29, 2015

Does Your Website Designer Pay You Enough Attention?

payattentionWhen you send your website  designer a list of work you  need  performed, how long  does it take  for them to  respond? 6 hours? 1  day? 2  days? Do you feel that this  amount of time is acceptable?

    Many designers are always  trying to increase their client base. After all, the more clients, the more income. But is having a book that is too full causing them to be spread too thin? This is a common problem faced by many clients and designers. Many designers do not have the business background and knowledge to realize that it is more cost effective to keep existing clients, than it is to sign up new ones. While they are chasing down leads and sending out proposals, the work requested by their current client base falls to the bottom of the punch list. What happens then? Clients who feel they are wasting their money by not getting the attention they need for their most important marketing tool they have, will look somewhere else for their work. I see their posts all the time in social media.

    So how do I as a designer combat this? To me my current clients are the lifeblood of my business. I make myself as accessible as possible to them at anytime, and am willing to go that extra mile for them. The result? My clients stick with me. Even better, they refer me to new potential clients! That is loyalty, and the kind of clients I look forward to working with.

Another thing I do is set a client cap for myself. That is that I can only have a certain number of clients in my book that keep me on retainer. In order for me to take on a new client. I must be able to fit their monthly work into my schedule without neglecting other clients. I also do not take every job offered to me if I feel I cannot handle the workload. Some website builds that have a lot of monthly work once the site is done, will prevent me from keeping other clients happy. That is not how I run my business and I feel that is not fair to my existing client base.

In the end, my clients are happy with my service. They stay with me and always thank you for the great customer service I provide them.

Some may disagree with my approach, but I currently have five new websites in development as well as a few potentials on a two month waiting list. All referrals.

So next time you don’t get an answer from your designer, ask yourself, “is he spending my money trying to get other clients, rather than handling my business?”




from WordPress http://ift.tt/1RO9KFw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment