Friday, November 27, 2015

Should Small Businesses Use Accounting Software?

As a small business owner, I get asked this question by many of my clients. My answer is almost always the same, yes!
“Why? Why should I pay yet another fee for a service I can do with a spreadsheet?”
 
Well, first off, a spreadsheet cannot do all the things that accounting software can do. With minimal input, accounting software calculates gains, losses, income, expenses, and your net income. No legwork for you other than inputting some figures and in most cases, just connecting your bank or Paypal account.
Accounting software can also be used to send invoices to get paid. The invoices can be customized so they look more professional. They accept all major credit cards or services like PayPal, Stripe, and others.
“Where are all my invoices stored?”
 
This is another great thing about accounting software, everything is stored securely in the cloud!
That means at anytime, anywhere, and on any device, you can access let’s say an invoice from last month, or last year even! It’s all there, and easily accessible to you.
 
“But isn’t this software expensive?”
 
I remember when I was starting out. I tried to do this myself. I always had issues with sending invoices and keeping track of them. It was also tedious to calculate me earnings, incoming payments, and outgoing payments.
But there are many companies offering free accounting software for very small companies.
One such platform is Wave. Wave has a paid or free plan. The free plan will work perfectly for small startups, and will enable you to grow within it. I have been using Wave, and it has made that part of owning my own business so easy. I use it to accept payments, send invoices, and keep track of incoming and outgoing payments. My clients find it easy to use and there is almost no data entry for me to perform, other than verifying incoming payments.
So whether or not you use a free or paid platform for your accounting, I would highly recommend using something. This software is made to make your life easy, and it does. If you’re serious about growing as a business, and looking professional, you need this type of software in your arsenal.



from WordPress http://ift.tt/1RbKfBe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment